Disclosure of Position Reclassifications
This website provides information on the disclosure of reclassification of positions within Western Economic Diversification Canada. The information on this website is updated to include information on new position reclassifications every three months.
The rules and principles governing the reclassification of occupied positions are outlined in the Guidelines on Reclassification. These guidelines provide Deputy Heads with a framework within which to exercise their delegated classification authority for the reclassification of existing positions.
The following are some of the reasons that the duties of a position change resulting in a reclassification of the position:
- Changes to departmental/program mandate;
- Managers reorganize in response to external conditions that increase or decrease available resources;
- Managers reorganize to make more efficient and effective use of their financial and human resources, such as technology innovations, changes in employee competencies; or
- Managers reassign work among their existing human resources to increase productivity, such as in response to vacancies that require temporary or permanent reassignment of work;
- Results from a classification grievance.
Please note information that would normally be withheld under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act does not appear on this website.